Your choice for an authentic way of discovering Sarawak at fair price !
Local time: 08:53
  • Français
  • English
  • Deutsch


Currently entry requirements for tourist arrivals into Malaysia are as follows:
– Visitors to Malaysia must hold a valid passport or travel document with a minimum validity of six months beyond the intended travelling period.
– Citizens of Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, most Commonwealth countries, most EU member states, South Korea, Turkey, the USA, and a number of other countries are given a short term social visit pass in form of a stamp in the passport upon arrival into Malaysia, which allows them to spend up to 90 days in Malaysia without a visa. For further information please click HERE or contact your nearest Malaysian diplomatic mission, such as the embassy, a high commission or a consulate.
– Visitor passes issued for entry into Peninsular Malaysia are not valid for entry into Sarawak. Therefore, another visit pass in form of a stamp in the passport will be obtained at the point of entry into Sarawak. However, visit passes issued by the Immigration authorities in Sarawak are valid for any part of Malaysia.
– Visas for longer stays or for non-tourist purposes must be obtained from the nearest Malaysian diplomatic mission before your travel.
– A visitor may also be required to prove his financial ability to stay in Malaysia and possess a confirmed return travel ticket or a travel ticket to a third country.
– If you are coming from, or have recently travelled in, South America or Africa you must present a certificate of vaccination against Yellow Fever upon arrival in Malaysia.

The Malaysian authorities are running a vigorous campaign against illegal immigration. Don’t overstay your visa, or violate the terms of entry. Even if you overstay for just a few days, you can be fined, detained and deported.

Should you intent to rent a vehicle and drive in Malaysia, it is recommended to have an international driving license. Although some vehicle rentals might be lenient, your national driving license might not be accepted in all rental agencies, and for insurance purposes an international driving license is requested.